Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- A contract between you and Tangled Bank Holidays will come into existence when we receive payment of your deposit and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- If your booking dates are affected by either Tangled Bank Holidays going into lockdown or your area going into lockdown then we will refund all monies paid, no admin fee. However, if you wanted to cancel because a Member of the party contracted Covid or has to self-isolate we would only allow cancellation on our normal terms and conditions as these are insurable risks.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the number agreed at point of reservation and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 5pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. Please ensure the cottage is left clean and tidy, with all dirty dishes washed.
- Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of you
- Dogs are welcome, but must be declared and paid for at the point of booking. There is a £15 surcharge per dog, per stay, to cover the additional cleaning required. We accept a maximum of three dogs per cottage.
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property and grounds
- Dogs must be on a lead at all times except when in the dog exercise paddock or the cottage back garden – but can only be off lead if under your complete control.
- Any fouling of lawns etc. must be cleared up without delay.
- Dogs must not be left alone in the property or elsewhere at any time, unless crated and able to remain calm and quiet in the crate.
- Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be well cleared up before departing.
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges
- Please be aware that we are a working farmstead surrounding by working farmland, with the all the noises, smells, activities, wildlife, bugs and livestock that you would expect to find on a working farm
- When on site please do not feed the livestock unless under the supervision of the owner.
- Please ensure all field gates are left as you found them.
- Do not enter the horses field or any areas marked ‘private’.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- We remind guests to lock the doors and close the windows when you leave your property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or hot tub.
- Use of the playground and games barn is at your own risk, including use of the trampoline and other equipment. Children under 6 may not use the trampoline
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- The hot tub can be booked at a cost of £40 for a single timeslot of up to 2 hours, this price includes hire of robe, flipflops and non-breakable ‘glasses’.
- Hot tub –guests must abide by all of the hot tub safety rules:
- Children must be supervised at all times , children under the age of six are not permitted to use the hot tub
- Report any damage or malfunction immediately and cease use of the spa
- Do not use any electrical appliances in or near the spa
- Always check the temperature before entering the spa
- Pregnant women should seek medical advice before using the spa
- Do not use the spa if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- People with high or low blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, circulatory system problems and the elderly should consult a physician before using the spa
- Enter and exit the spa with extreme caution as surfaces can become slippery when wet
- Do not use the spa if you have an infectious disease
- Do not use the spa immediately after strenuous exercise
- Ensure you shower before using the spa
- Do not use the spa during a thunder storm
- Guests may only use the spa with prior arrangement from the owner; please book a time-slot directly with the owner
- No more than 6 guests may use the spa at any time
- Do not take glasses into the spa
- Do not change the control panel settings
- You may cancel your hot tub booking with a minimum 24 hours notice and will not be charged. Cancellation with less than 24 hours notice will result in a £10 cancellation fee to cover heating and energy costs. If we cancel your slot for any reason you will of course be refunded or offered an alternative slot, as you prefer.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Covid 19 Strategy; Tangled Bank Holidays
Prior to arrival;
- Information pack sent via email
Keys will be left in doors for guests
Check-in has been delayed to 5pm to allow a deeper clean of the properties
During the stay
Guests will be encouraged to continue to socially distance from other parties
Hand-soap is provided in each bathroom
Washing up liquid and fresh washing up sponge is provided in each kitchen
BS EN 1276 compliant surface cleaner and upholstery spray and additional cleaning cloths are provided in each cottage and guests are asked to regularly disinfect ‘high touch’ areas like door handles, light switches, bannisters and TV remotes.
Ecover toilet cleaner is provided in each WC
- According to Bishta, a hot tub maintained to Bishta standards will result in the virus being deactivated in the sanitised hot tub water.
- Anyone with a person who is showing symptoms should not use the hot tub
- Guests must shower before and after using the hot tub
- We will disinfect all surfaces with D10 disinfectant before and after each use
- We will loan plastic glasses for guests using the hot tub, these will be thoroughly washed in the dishwasher before being used again
Feeding the animals
- Feeding the animals and collecting eggs is available under adult supervision. Feeding scoops are disinfected after use.
Use of the washing machine
- Available for use. Only 1 person to use the washing machine room at one time.
Guests are asked to strip beds but not shake bedding, leaving bedding on the bed, and to air the cottage by opening the windows.
If a guest develops symptoms
The cottage will then be thoroughly aired/deep cleaned/disinfected as per this policy prior to any further guests.
Cleaning between guests
Each cottage will be thoroughly cleaned between guest bookings following guidance issued by PASCUK
Windows will be opened to air each property during and after cleaning, prior to next check in.
Cleaning cloths and sponges are discarded after each guest stay and new ones provided for next guests
We follow a schedule which ensures clean areas are not later contaminated by uncleaned areas.
All surfaces (hard and soft including upholstery and soft furnishings) will be cleaned with BS EN 1276 compliant cleaning products
- All floor surfaces vacuumed and disinfected with D10 disinfectant
- Kitchen work surfaces, sink and taps, oven hob and microwave, and inside kitchen cupboards cleaned with D10 disinfectant
- All crockery and cutlery washed in hot soapy water
- BBQ and fire pit handles and ‘touch points’ wiped down with D10 disinfectant
- Handrails and bannisters wiped with D10 disinfectant
- All door handles, remote controls, radios, lamp switches, light switches, kettle and plug socket switches wiped with D10 disinfectant
- All bedding & towels changed and washed
- Bed heads and frames will be cleaned with D10 disinfectant
- Bathrooms cleaned thoroughly with D10 disinfectant including taps, bath, shower screen, sink, splashback, mirror, toilet, bin, and toilet roll holder.
- Window sills cleaned with D10 disinfectant
- Windows cleaned with window cleaner
- Bins will be cleaned with D10 disinfectant, rubbish removed and fresh bin liners provided
- Sofas will be cleaned with D10 disinfectant
- Information packs and books will be wiped down with D10 disinfectant
- All upholstered furniture, cushions, throws and rugs will be sprayed with anti-viral upholstery spray
High Bullen Hotel Gift Voucher Offer
- Only 1 voucher per booking
- Vouchers allocated on a first come first served basis, allocation occurs as soon as deposit payment is received
- Vouchers are only issued upon arrival at Tangled Bank; if a holiday is cancelled or delayed the voucher will be reallocated to the next booking
- Vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions of the High Bullen hotel and subject to availability – we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment