A Delayed Grand Opening!
We took over the holiday cottages at Venn Farm in November 2019, and have been working hard over the winter to renovate them. The lockdown gave us some extra time to ensure that everything is looking great for our grand opening, which was originally planned for May 2020 but has been delayed to July 4th.
Each cottage has been thoroughly overhauled with new flooring throughout, new heating and new bathrooms, new beds, mattresses, linen, sofas, armchairs and soft furnishings. The kitchens have been updated, wifi improved, new fencing installed to create an enclosed garden for each cottage, and new Weber BBQs and handmade fire pits with tripods for Dutch oven purchased for each cottage.
In addition, we have demolished the old playground and put a brand new commercial grade climbing frame in, and installed a hot tub in the perfect south-west facing location to catch the sun setting over the valley. We have also added a comfy coffee room with sofas and blankets at the back of our Games Barn so that mums and dads have somewhere cosy to relax whilst the kids are playing.
At Tangled Bank we offer our guests the chance to reconnect with nature from the comfort of our beautifully appointed boutique holiday cottages. Guests can enjoy a simpler pace of life, whilst benefitting from the little luxuries which matter, like our finest quality Egyptian cotton bedding, and our hillside hot tub.
We are opening on July 4th, in line with government instruction. Self-catering apartments are considered the most Covid Secure holiday accommodation available, enabling households to continue to maintain separation from other holiday makers. This, combined with the additional risks faced when travelling abroad (including the requirement to quarantine for 14 days upon returning to the UK) make self-catering holiday cottages the holiday accommodation of choice this summer.
We have improved our guest changeover and cleaning schedule, upgrading our cleaning products and routines to comply with government guidance for self-catering holiday lets. Luckily with my background in health and social care we are well versed in robust infection control measures. We have been certified as Covid Secure and ‘good to go’ by Visit England.
We have made the following adjustments to our policy to ensure we are as safe as possible for your holiday.
- Check in time is now 5pm to allow us the extra time we need to complete a deeper clean and disinfect the property
- The outdoor children’s play area and dog exercise field we believe will be allowed to open with social distancing measures in place, however the washing machine and the indoor games barn are unlikely to be allowed to be used
- We believe our hot tub will be able to be booked; the covid 19 virus cannot live in BISHTA-compliant hot tub water. We will limit bookings to one group of guests per day and all surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected between guests.
- Unfortunately we don’t think we will be able to offer egg-collecting and feeding-the-animals activities to the kiddies at the moment
- We will be sending out our information guide to you via email to give you as much information as possible ahead of your stay with us
- Hand sanitiser, and disinfectant cleaning products will be available in the cottages for you
- We will be asking guests to kindly strip the beds and leave the windows open on your day of departure
We are offering full refunds or credits against future dates if a holiday is cancelled due to the government lockdown disallowing it.